Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mac Poster Trilogy

Here's some Mac trivia (and art) for you Apple geeks.

This story begins with a piece of art. I was quite fond of "Exploded 128" by Garry Booth:


So Elena got me the whole trilogy for Christmas.

The 2nd piece is Macronaut by Ray Frenden:


But the trivia comes in with the third poster. I was having a conversation tonight with Rob about "Mac Ghosts" by Gary Gao, and we were trying to figure out exactly what system is on the right:


Well, after a good half hour of pouring over Apple products from the last 3 1/2 decades I have conclusive results.

Left is the late 1999 2nd gen iMac (with slot loading CD-R/DVD as opposed to the disc tray on the 1st Gen).

Center is, of course, the momentous 1984 Macintosh 128.

And the mystery system on the right is... drum roll... 1978 Apple II Plus with a black and white Sanyo VM 4209 monitor and two Apple Disk II 5.25" floppy disk readers (I owe the exact details to an old eBay bid):


At first I thought it was Lisa because I remembered the two 5.25" floppy drives:

2 comments:

Robert Clifton said...

HAHAHA

DK said...

Went a little overboard you say?... probably...