Thursday, December 02, 2010

What to Say after 30 Days Away?

After not blogging for a month (with the exception of Elena's early birthday surprise) there seems to be a glut of topics to write about, while no single topic feels important enough to be the first.

To get this silly self imposed burden off my shoulder I'll do a shallow recap of NaNoWriMo: NaNoWriMo made November the single most thrilling month of my life.

And I'm exhausted.

I experienced more writer highs since November 1st then my entire preceding life combined (To be fair, I didn't experience my first writers high until my senior year in high school). I learned as much about writing as I did myself while developing a more rich awareness of my creative process.

I also fell in love with Scrivener.

While I didn't write a single 50,000 word novel, I did write two 25,000+ word outlines. One, an epic dystopian sci-fi. The other, a theological autobiography. (And for good measure I threw in a 1,000 word article that got published in Danish. I'll post the English translation soon.) And the best part - I am super energized to keep working on both going into the new year!

Being away also gave me plenty of time to reflect about whats happening on the blog. If your a regular, do let me know if there is particular content that you find compelling here. I'd love to incorporate that into the renewed vision as it takes shape in the coming weeks.

No comments: