Friday, August 27, 2010

Last Two Years at Barberry

Steve Beaven wrote a great article for the Oregonian, capturing a good part of what has been happening at Barberry.

Grab a tissue for the conclusion, and safety gear if you dare to venture into the comments section:
A Christian initiative at a Gresham apartment complex bears fruit
When Steve told me it was going to be front page of the print copy, I thought "front page of the east county metro section". I was floored that the editor liked the article so much to make it FRONT PAGE front page.

My prayer is this article would be glorifying to God through His work in our lives and many would be encouraged and inspired. 

2 comments:

Katie Bright said...

Great article and such amazing work! I did, in fact, wish that I had both a tissue at the end and a safety gear for the comments section!

DK said...

Haha! I guess I should have reiterated that I wasn't joking.

At least now no one can accuse me of not knowing what it feels like to be on the recieving end of broad sterotypical categorizations.

That being said the negative comments are very interesting as a window into how people percieve Christianity.

And there were a lot of really positive comments too!