Saturday, June 26, 2010

3 Idiots Racks up Awards at Bollywood "Oscars"

Handily the best movie of the year.

If you have talked to me for any amount of time in the last 3 months you know I have been raving about 3 Idiots.

As such, the headline "3 Idiots movie dominates annual Bollywood awards" on The Asian Reporter caught my eye when I was downtown last night. 3 Idiots won 16 out of 31 awards, including best director. Also winning 8 of the 12 technical awards including best screenplay, best cinematography, and editing.

We pre-ordered it online from Amazon the night we saw it, back in March. However the U.S. release has been repeatedly delayed into oblivion. In desperation I began scouring the internet until I found a copy with English subtitles on eBay.

Keep an eye out for a screening party in the coming weeks hosted by yours truly! If you read this and are interested, please let me know.

1 comment:

ET said...

Can't wait for the DVD to come in!