Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Race Results In

 Elena and I ran the 5K Race for the Roses on Sunday morning. It was Elena's first race ever and she did phenomenal. Two years ago she had never run a mile straight in her life. She has come far after a fairly light and casual, but consistent, workout regiment since 2008.

The numbers speak for themselves. She is in the top quarter of her age division, as well as for females overall:


I'm positive she could easily shave a couple minutes off her time with a little more training, which would place her comfortably in the top ten of her age division. I couldn't be more proud of her!

I played the part of the rabbit, helping Elena hold a consistent pace. As a result, I dropped off a little from my 20:05 time in 2008, which placed me 41 out of 946.

No comments: