Friday, November 27, 2009

Why Do Palin Supports Support Palin? (Video)

Spoiler: They don't know why. I'd rate this video somewhere between scary, sad, and hilarious:


Disclaimer: I don't post this video to knock "the right" and in turn imply support for "the left". I don't believe the simplistic, black and white, that the media paints that affirms a destructive two party system is healthy or helpful for the well being of our nation.

I believer that if you take the time to get to know me, you will find I don't fit in either mold, and maybe you will find you don't either.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

You give me 50 interviews, and I can make them say anything I want. I could knock Obama easily with the same format video.

Personally, I don't care a whole lot about specifics in policies when it comes to voting for our leaders. If someone has a character, then I will trust them to make the best decisions based on the knowledge and expertise they have. I would also add that anyone who supports the mass killing of children has character issues, and that is an understatement.

DK said...

And your right, It's been done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53C2-b8BOLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgfA2b9YSag

But that's not my point. I'm getting at how people are so easily swayed by political passion for no good reason. It's not unique to one side or the other, and that's my point. It's not only the media's fault either, everyone has individual responsibility.

I am severely disillusioned with the 2 party system as it exists and neither side is doing anything to actually engage extremely important issues (like abortion) in a mature productive manner. So much of it is based on flaring emotions (because that's what sells - sensationalism) instead of respectful dialogue and understanding.

Anna said...

You should read the book The Big Sort by Bill Bishop.

I would be careful, though, about putting down being swayed by political passion that can't be articulated into logical-sounding reasons. I think much of that passion (on both sides) is ultimately based on accurately sensing the ways that others are hostile to their fundamental values.

DK said...

That is a really interesting thought Anna. I will be turning that one over in my brain for awhile.