Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Safari > Firefox

It's official, I'm sticking with Safari.

Back in February I did the thinkable and committed to not using Firefox for two weeks and give Safari 4 (Beta) an extended test drive. I blew past the cut off date, not even thinking of looking back until now.

Simply put, Safari 4 (Beta) is smoking fast. Top Sites has become essential. Coverflow visual bookmarks and history makes tracking down sites a breeze. And together with a couple hidden UI tweaks you can execute easily through the Terminal and the free add-on Glim (compatible with the beta) there is just no rational reason to use Firefox at this point.

To all the hard working folks at Mozilla, I appreciate and respect your work. You saved me from IE over 5 years ago, and for that you will always have a special place in my heart. I eagerly anticipate your latest dispatches in the trenches of the browser war. I am always open to a rematch for the honored spot of being my daily browser.

No comments: