Tuesday, April 07, 2009

P.U.M.A.

Stands for "Personal Urban Mobility and Accessibility". It's a just unveiled experimental design from an unlikely partnership between General Motors and Segway.

Some particularly interesting numbers: Top speed of 35 mph, 35 mile range, and costs 35 cents to charge.
Autoblog and Engadget both have information and videos galore.

I'm not going to lie; I often experience strong waves of jealousy during my 15 minute walk from the MAX to PSU when an electric wheel chair zooms past. This bad boy might give me the edge:

1 comment:

ET said...

Haha, this reminds me of the time we were stopped by the segway parking lot cop at lloyd center. I can just imagine being chased by on of these bad boys :P

But I gotta admit, it does look like a pretty sweet travel tool.