- For any Mac user new or old, MacYourself is a great resource. I highly recommend their RSS feed.
- I'm confused, intrigued, scared, and excited by this Tim Burtons latest. Check out the short animation that is is based off of with the same title: 9.
- Russia finally did it, and at the worst time of the year. They shut off the pipes to Ukraine. I sent a message to a friend in Ukraine. I'll post how it is affecting people if he gets back to me.
- Ever wonder why that Ox and Ass appear in nearly every nativity scene portrayed in the last 2 millenia? Hint: The donkey is not there because that's what Mary road (It's nowhere in Scripture, look it up). Scriptorium Daily has an excellent short essay on the deeper historical theological significance of their presence.
- U.S. becomes worlds largest wind power producer.
- A local Taliban leader in NW Pakistan ordered parents to stop sending girls to school by January 15th with threat of death to children. The group destroyed 130 schools this year alone. 17,000 students have been deprived of education. (BBC News)
- Are you bored by the old way of studying your route on google maps before jumping in the car? Try the fun new exciting way to actually drive your route with Real World Racer. You can even drive the roads of faraway lands that you have only dreamed of driving!
- I'm excited to be following TallSkinnyKiwi in his Great Commision Vehicle in 2009.
- The InternetMonk makes a list of the Top 10 Best Gifts for a Fundamentalist Young Person. The interesting thing is secular music, fantasy books, and actually reading the Bible were all pivotal in my spiritual growth.
- Wow. Excess at it's worst. Versace is constructing a cooled beach in Dubai. Also in being considered are giant blowers to blow a cool breeze over beach-goers.
- Now I know why physics was so hard for me - I made it too complicated.
- Auto sales plunge in Japan. 'The sales outlook is so bleak, in fact, that the Japanese automakers even have a word for it: "kuruma banare," or "demotorization."'. Youth are dropping cars in favor of expensive electronics. It's expected sales will drop below 5 million for the first time in 3 decades. (Autoblog) It will be interesting to see if this is a sign of things to come in America.
- This article was written before anyone knew Elena and I would be engaged before Christmas (and consequently: kissing).
- I'm still trying to figure out what to think of this comic. I keep tossing back and forth between brilliantly humorous or terribly conceited.
Saturday, January 03, 2009
First Link-O-Rama of the new year (Though some of the links are from the last)!