Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Russia/Ukraine Oil Fued

I linked to an article about Russian turning off the gas pipes through Ukraine in my last Link-O-Rama. I said I would post the sentiments of my brother in Ukraine.

If you are interested, Serhiy clarified:

"Russia did not shut off the pipes with gas, it just lower the amount. For now Ukraine has some gas in store on it's territory, so we don't feel any changes. And we already used to the "gas problems" at the beginning of each new year. It's some sort of game -- Russia tries to make of it the most money or political influence on Ukraine and Ukraine is trying to prove that it has no financial debt for gas and do not steel gas from the amount intended for Europe. Somewhere at the end of January both sides will calm down."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think you mean feud...