Saturday, December 27, 2008

Feed Your Family For a Week

I did some digging and was not able to pull up a study that was attached to this photo set. I don't know if this is meant to accurately reflect the regions average food consumption to cost ratio or if it is just a random sampling. Based on the meticulous detail in the pictures (notice the American set even includes food purchased at fast food restaurants) it appears a lot of effort was put into the study.

Regardless, it is an intriguing photo set to reflect on:

3 comments:

Sarah Speer said...

interesting post...reminded me of a Oregonian's FOODday challenge they offered to 4 Portland families to drastically cut their weekly food budgets. Similar to the pics on your post, the FOODday article showed families surrounded by their food for the week. I still have the article if you're interested.

Seraphina said...

These photos are taken from the book "Hungry Planet: What the World Eats" by Peter Menzel and Faith D'Alusio. It was published in 2005. Beautiful and an interesting read, I highly recommend it. Makes a great coffee table conversation piece.

DK said...

Thank you so much for the info! I really wanted to know where those pictures were published. The beauty of the internet! :P How did you come across my blog?