Thursday, November 06, 2008

"Is There an Echo in This Starbucks?"

When I was waiting for my MAX at pioneer square I decided to stop in the Starbucks and get a little pick me up to get me through the rest of my long day (class, work, class from 9:00am-9:00pm).

I was standing at the register ordering my standard "tall Americano light room" and giving my name when I had this eerie sense of an echo. Lo and behold standing at the register right by my side was a man ordering a "tall Americano light room" giving the name David. This caused slight confusion for the Starbucks baristas but made for some big smiles and a few chuckles.

2 comments:

ET said...

Oh the irony! Hilarious!

Steve Kimes said...

Is this the David Knepprath that recently got written up in the Oregonian? If so, my name is Steve Kimes and I've been working with the poor in Rockwood for 11 years and we need to talk. Email me: stevekimes@aol.com