Sunday, November 16, 2008

Better Days

I was jamming out to the Coldplay station on Pandora while doing some Linguistics homework when one particular song caught my ear. I caught a couple words and asked Elena how a Christian worship song got in the Coldplay station. We laughed when we discovered it was Goo Goo Dolls. I listened to a couple more lines and said "I don't care, I'd worship to that!"

After checking out the lyrics I realized this would make a perfect promo song for Advent Conspiracy. Give it a listen, check out the lyrics, and post your thoughts.



Better Days
By Goo Goo Dolls

And you asked me what I want this year
and I try to make this kind and clear
just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
'cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
and designer love and empty things
just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

So take these words and sing out loud
'cause everyone is forgiven now
'cause tonight's the night the world begins again

I need some place simple where we could live
and something only you can give
and that's faith and trust and peace while we're alive
and the one poor child who saved this world
and there's ten million more who probably could
if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

So take these words and sing out loud
'cause everyone is forgiven now
'cause tonight's the night the world begins again

I wish everyone was loved tonight
and somehow stop this endless fight
just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

So take these words and sing out loud
'cause everyone is forgiven now
'cause tonight's the night the world begins again

'cause tonight's the night the world begins again

3 comments:

Kyle Costello said...

Funny that you recommend it or A/C. The church I worked at in Vegas played it on Christmas eve during worship two years ago.

I think the real question is, how blasphemous is it that a Goo Goo Dolls song slips in to your Coldplay play list. Now that is heretical!

DK said...

:P

ET said...

Crazy what an awesome song this is!