Monday, October 13, 2008

Multiple Word Search Engine Dictionary

Last week I was at a study session with a group of Elena's friends. Roza was really interested (to assist in a homework assignment) in finding a way to look up the definitions of a series of words in a single search.

I scoured the Internet fiercely to find such a tool. Surprisingly, even Google didn't have a way to look up the definition of multiple individual words simultaneously. I knew someone somewhere had thought to create such tool. Today Elena surprised me with Ninja Words...because it's really fast like a Ninja.

I can even add Ninja Words to my Firefox search bar! Brilliant!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Now I shall try it out on looking up my veterinary terms and see how inclusive it is... :)

DK said...

If the definitions are not in there you can contribute them. It pulls the definitions from user content driven wiktionary.

Anonymous said...

also try simplevocab.com
it is a new website designed to make it easy to define multiple words at one time.

Anonymous said...

You can use easydefine.com. It's the fastest and easiest way to look up multiple words at once. You can even generate free flashcards, and quizzes to help you learn the words!