Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Movies from Sociology Class

So far this term I have watched excerpts from a couple fascinating movies in my sociology classes that I am going to try and get my hands on and watch and some unknown later date when I magically have more time.

Chalkdust Memories - Classic Classroom Films: We watched a couple excerpts of these in my Social Deviancy class. Quite entertaining!

The Corporation: We watched a good chunk of this one (and the next) in U.S. Society. A fascinating documentary into the dark underside of the corporate entity. An eye opener. You should be able to rent this one pretty easily. Highly recommended!

Class Dismissed - How TV Frames the Working Class: A look at how media shapes societies understanding and misunderstanding of class in America. This one might be a little bit harder to get my hands on, because it looks like they only sell it (for outrageous prices!) to educational institutions.

No comments: