Sunday, April 06, 2008

41st!

My First race in a couple years, and after only 1 1/2 months of training, went well. In the 2008 Race For the Roses 5K I got 41st out of 946 overall; 4th of 19 in my age division.

I'm not content with my time though. 20:05; which comes out to just under 6 minutes 30 second a mile pace. With more consistent training I should be able to shave at least a minute off that time, which brings it closer to a 6 minute mile pace.

They had an awesome spread of food and I got a wicked massage afterwards! (Thanks again Tyrone's cousin!)

If anyone is interested in doing a race, let me know. It's a great motivator! And, actually, is quite fun!

8 comments:

Phil Smoke said...

Wow, that's quite impressive! Congratulations!

I actually just ran yesterday, which was the first time in, um... well... nine months. So as you might guess, I have no aspirations of racing, ha ha! But I just might try to start running 2 or 3 times a week.

Elisa Lehto said...

Would you consider running a race in Monmouth/Independence to raise money for Medical Teams International?

David Knepprath said...

Do you even have to ask!?!? :)

What are the details?

Wandering Home said...

Ok well I think I would have died running at that pace but whatever ;) Congrats and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Elisa Lehto said...

Thanks for that help... I think I understand more of it now... something still doesn't seem right, but oh well, I'll get it!

I think the details are Sunday, June 1st at 11am. Nothing is set in stone at the moment. But Molly and the other girls want to put it on. It's their first time but it's basically all they talk about now. SO FUN!

David Knepprath said...

I didn't know you were thinking of putting it on yourselves! That's big! Get started now, researching the process and what not, because you will need to raise awareness too, and it could happen! Awesome stuff...

Elisa Lehto said...

It's definitely already in the process... they just have to get a trail mapped and okayed for the time.

Hey, are ya'll needing socks THIS Friday?

Robert Clifton said...

dk, whens your next race, i'd love to get in on a little 5k action.