Thursday, July 12, 2007

2600-year-old Tablet

Not that it really make a difference for believers and nonbelievers alike, but it is still quite an interesting piece of historical finding.

"The cuneiform inscription in a tablet dating from 595BC has been deciphered for the first time - revealing a reference to an official at the court of Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, that proves the historical existence of a figure mentioned in the Book of Jeremiah. "
Check out the article if geeky historical stuff floats your boat.

I'm pretty excited by my progress in Spanish. I will be finished with Span201 by next Wednesday. Then I get to wake up Thursday morning and start Span202.

2 comments:

Mirranda said...

"the Biblical story is not altogether invented". How gracious!

Interesting though. :)

Lora's Loony Bin said...

I can finally reply to your blog because I now have a Google account. I know, get with the program!

Irving Finkel, what a name. Very interesting article that your history-loving aunt missed. Makes you wonder why God let this reference be discovered now, doesn't it? Why not sooner? Why not more? Maybe this will make the handful of scholars continue searching for and discovering more "clues" to the authority of the Bible.

See you in less than a month!

Hope this works!