Monday, December 11, 2006

Naked Juice and a Good Book

Pretty much the best juice in the world! Go ahead, read the ingredients sometime. Not one drop of water is added and there is a pound of fruit in every bottle of Naked. Beat that Juicy-Juice.

If you follow my reading list much you will notice I have been adding them faster then I am reading them. I just started a book that will put the rest on hold for awhile. It is called Simply Christian: Why Christianity Makes Sense by N.T. Wright. This book has struck a chord with me like no book has in a long time.

For the past year I have had a thought bouncing around in my head. I believe that there are certain traits in the very nature of our world that attest to the truths of the Bible. One of the most telling signs is the brokenness of the world we live in and the gut feeling - which none of us can deny - that things are not how they should be. N.T. Wright describes this gut feeling as "echoes of a voice". (You can see my early thoughts on this idea which I attempted to convey in my first post on this blog, Challenge of Happiness.) It is this exact thought that N.T. Wright devotes to the first 1/3 of his book. I have been eating up every word as it adds, clarifies, and solidifies the thoughts and ideas that I have been developing over the last year.

His writing has a very similar feel and power to that of C.S. Lewis in Mere Christianity (And that is a HUGE compliment coming from me). I will let you know how high the book as a whole ranks after I have finished.

Why do people long for justice?
Why do we thirst for spirituality?
Why do we long for relationships?
Why does beauty not satisfy us fully?

David Knepprath

3 comments:

Melany said...

Haha- my "currently reading list" has stayed pretty much the same for the semester. How sad... I can't wait to do some more reading over break. I am definately going to finish up Light Force- that has been an awesome book.

Melissa Jo said...

I love "naked" Its amazing, and that book sounds good, its prolly worth reading lol, Have a blessed night/day :) Do well on finals! -Melissa Jo

Aquila said...

I can answer the first question. It is because there isn't enough of it in this world. I found the Kanji script for Justice, and painted it to the back of my MP3 player. I always have my MP3 player on me, so it keeps reminding me of the word Justice. I long for justice with a passion. I have seen to many unfair things in life. And I long to make things right. And every time I ask God to make things right as they should be, but keeping His will in mind, NOT mine.

So simply that is it. It is because there isn't enough of it. Thats way I long for it. :)