Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christian Blogger Community?

I received the following email earlier today:
Dear blog author,

We recently came across your site, perpetualanticipation.blogspot.com, while searching for fellow christian bloggers.

A small group of us have started a new site called Christian Bloggers. Our prayer and intent is to bring Christians closer together, and make a positive contribution to the Internet community. While many of us have different "theologies", we all share one true saviour.

Would you be interested in joining Christian Bloggers? Please take a few minutes to have a look at what we are trying to do, and if you are interested, there is a sign up page to get the ball rolling. We would greatly appreciate your support in this endeavour.

May God Bless you and your blogging efforts. We look forward to hearing from you.

Craig Cantin
Christian Bloggers
info@christian-bloggers.com

And here is my reply to Craig:
Dear Craig,

No. I will remain in the regular bloggersphere so that I can continue to reach and interact with the world I live in. How are Christians supposed to positively impact the internet community if we sever ourselves from it.

I will not shut myself in a box by immersing myself in a Christian subculture thereby rendering myself completely useless to reach the very people who need our Savior's message of peace, hope, and salvation.

Thanks, but no thanks.

For His Glory,
David Knepprath

1 comment:

Aquila said...

Amen