Monday, September 11, 2006

"What We Saw"

I will repeat my sentiments that I wrote as news of the thwarted terrorist attack unfolded on August 10th 2006(Warning Shot), and that I reiterated in my review of The World Trade Center movie (I would recommend this 30 minute video over the 129 minutes of the World Trade Center movie if you want to save the money). It is never too early for a reminder. The human mind loves to find comfort in complacency, but there are too many evils at work in our broken world to live our lives blindly to the danger that we face.

This video is a 30 minute unedited video of what Bob and Bri saw out the window of their home 500 yards from the north tower on the morning of September 11th 2001.




God Bless,
David Knepprath

3 comments:

Agnostymous said...

I received similar sentiments from my Evangelical sibling. I'm thinking this kind of talk is aimed at those who are against actions like the Iraq war. I just hope David that as "an advocate of the peace" you have not supported "Brother Bush" in the war on Iraq. Where are you on this? The spilling of blood and the expenditure of resources there have nothing to do with decreasing the extent of terror attacks but instead about oil, gas and political power. Thanks for pointing out Matthew 10:39 also. Sounds like something a suicide bomber might quote. Sigh... I just wish the religionists of the world would take their Holy Wars to another planet. Best regards anyway.

David Knepprath said...

Agnostymous,

Thank you for your comment.

I am not a political science major nor am I military expert, which is why it is so important to vote in competent leaders, but I do support action to cease the rampant terrorism. Whether the current war in Iraq is the best means to do that or not, I personally am not convinced, but I am convinced we need to take a stand against terrorism in some form.

To be honest, the war monger attitude that has been attributed to modern Christian is a sad state, and is severely misrepresenting Scripture. If you are curious what the Bible says very clearly on peace, I encourage you to look up Matthew 5:9, Matthew 6:14-15, Hebrews 12:14, James 3:18, Romans 14:19, 1 Timothy 2:1-4, and Romans 12:18 just to name a few. (You can look them up on www.biblegateway.com really easily.)

When I read your view on Matthew 10:39, my heart sank. You are severely misunderstanding Christianity and the teachings of Scripture if you think it encourages such monstrous acts as suicide bombing. The reason I quote that passage is because I had been working so hard to figure out what I wanted out of life and wasn't making any progress. It wasn't until I gave my life to God that things finally started making sense.

I have no idea if you ever planned on coming back to visit my blog, but if you have anymore questions about what Scripture teaches, I would love to discuss it with you.

DK

Mark said...

No video brings the event closer than this one.