Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Life Rushes On

My "summer" (if you call working 40+ hours a week, a summer) came to a swift conclusion on Friday, but I wouldn't have spent it any other way! I got the opportunity to see one of the greatest bands ever, the David Crowder Band (Third Day was there too...meh), with three of the greatest people I know! I have been living life in fast forward every since.

Running on 4 hours of sleep, after a late night at Denny's following the show, I went to Menucha Resorts for a MHCC student government retreat (for my Senate position). It was an experience to be sure. There is nothing else I would rather be doing on at a resort that is completely immersed in the beauty of God's creation then studying the College's Constitution and By-laws and brainstorming for the upcoming school year, which after 2 days I am already fully entrenched in.

With only another measly 4 hours of sleep on Saturday night, I got home from the retreat Sunday evening only to start classes bright an early Monday morning. The diamond in this gruelling rough is that the Campus Crusade for Christ ministry at MHCC is officially in full swing. In the first two days of Welcome Week our table has received an awesome response! Even more awesome then the response, has been the support from all of those in the club to overwhelmingly help out and pitch in whenever they can! There are no requirment or expectactions with a club, a club is only as successful and effective as the members are involved. I can't help thinking about about Paul's greeting in his letter to the people of Philippi. "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:3-6)

At the same time, I am extremely excited for my classes. After the second day, I am already finding it rewarding to be learning a new language, being Spanish. It should round me out better after taking four years of German in high school. My intro to education class should also give me some very good guidance in making a decision on how I should use my passion for teaching.

My apologizes if you are disappointed that updates don't come as frequently as they used to. Its a fact of life now that there are mysteriously far less then 24 hours in a day.

In Him,
David Knepprath

You are more beautiful
Than anyone ever
Everyday You're the same
You never change, no never

And how could I ever deny
The love of my Savior
You are to me everything
All I need forever

How could You be so good to me?

-David Crowder Band

4 comments:

Myrrh said...

I can't believe I missed the concert! :(

But the fair has been fun. :)

Melany said...

This title is so true! My summer had hardly come barreling to a stop before the semester was full speed ahead. Next thing you know, I'm gonna be a train wreck! But I'm still holding on for dear life... :) I'm glad to hear things are going well for Campus Crusade. I will be praying that God uses you guys to encourage each other and to be a light to your campus. BTW, I liked the poster idea! Very creative! :)

Jessi girl said...

I almost went to that concert for free! I had multiple tickets waved at me by the morning star youth pastor but I said no!! What was I thinking.

Don't wear yourself out, David! You're gonna get mono, and trust me, that's a lot worse than a sore throat :) Really...don't overdo it. Campus crusade sounds great and school has barely started for you, that's awesome.

Du sprichst Deutsch?!
Ich denke dass ich wusste den nicht. Oder vielleicht ich habe das gelernt. Ach ja, Super!

David Knepprath said...

I can't believe you turned down tickets to David Crowder! Unbelievable!

Thanks for the advice. I just need to learn how to follow it.

Ja spreche ich deutsch. Ich bin nicht sehr gut. BUT! I am trying to refresh my German as I learn Spanish. I am writing the German on my Spanish flash cards too.