Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tour of Kiev Continued...

This is the second set of three in my pictoral tour of Kiev Ukraine.


View from St. Sophia's Belfry.




Fountain in Independence Square.


Buildings along St. Andrews St.



Now defunct Communist youth camp turned "hotel" where I stayed in Kiev.


Inside of Kiev Train Station (Trust me, this picture doesn't do it justice).




Apartments in Kiev.















I'll have the third set up soon.

I read a passage last night that hit me pretty hard. I think we as American, and myself in particular, sometimes think of ourselves as being very educated and knowledgeable. Paul is writing to the Romans, and specifically in Chapter 6, about the consequence and death we have through our sins but the salvation and life we receive through Christ. That's all fine and nice but in verse 19 he says "I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves." Now why did Paul have to go and say that? Why does he have to outright point out and tear down my pride? One translation even bluntly states: "I am speaking in human terms, because of your human limitations." Ouch! That’s pretty humbling to say the least, but at the same time it is much needed.

I too often think I have things figured out, but I realize more now then ever how much I need to be in God's Word, so that He can help me understand His desires for this world and myself. I am so thankful he has outlined His desires for me in human terms, that our God knows and understands us, even with our human limitations. I am so thankful that our God isn't some mystical being that we can't have a personal relationship with and can't learn to know intimately. Because we can! But we can't get their on our own. We need His word (2 Timothy 3:16-17: All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work), and His Spirit (John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.) to guide us to Him.

David Knepprath

2 comments:

Mirranda said...

Beautiful pictures and inspiring message! You have the best blog.

Melissa Jo said...

That fountain is so Beautiful , I love it :) Hooray for you David and your good wit about you! -mel