Thursday, August 10, 2006

Snails are Brilliant

I think we can all learn a lot from snails. I can't stop listening to a song called, your never going to guess it, "Snails" by The Format. There is one line in particular that reveals the true genius of snails. Here's the line, think about it, and take from it what you may:

"Snails see the benefit, the beauty in every inch of life."
On an even more random note, I hate money. Ya, ya, I know the saying "money is the root of all evil" and Benjamin Franklin couldn't have been more right when he said "Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one." But I don't think you understand just how much I hate money. Today when I was depositing a check at an ATM, I licked the envelope and got the worst paper cut on my lip. It REALLY hurts. I really hate money.

David Knepprath

5 comments:

Robert Clifton said...

Ah, you've discovered Snails. good song huh?

David Knepprath said...

Its only the best song on the album.

Mirranda said...

Hahaha, poor you. I do hope your paper cut has healed by now? If not, go listen to "Snails", it'll cheer you up. Wait, what am I saying? Knowing you, you probably are listening to it already.

Aquila said...

Just to let you know, I do share your absolute dislike of money.

Melany said...

Please be forewarned, this comment has nothing to do with the post, since I have not heard the song, but is rather a reply to the comment you posted on my blog. I wasn't sure if you would stop back, so I thought I would copy it and post it on your blog as well. :) I enjoyed reading some of what you have written here, and seeing your photos from Ukraine. I recently had the opportunity to speak to someone regarding the Romanian church in Ukraine, and was invited to seek the Lord's will regarding ministry there. I believe the Lord is leading me to Romania, but it is an intriguing possibility.

I became familiar with Randy Alcorn after reading his book Safely Home, while in Romania. The story he tells of the underground church in China was so powerful that I felt I was in China, rather than in Romania! I also really liked Lord Foulgrin's Letters. Randy Alcorn has a gift for conveying truth through fiction.

God's Smuggler is one of my favorite books ever! I read the book before I developed an interest in Romania, but the work that Brother Andrew did behind the Iron Curtain was incredible. The stories he tells in that book and its sequel, God's Call, can really boost your faith in a God Who is awesome beyond our ability to comprehend! I had the great privilege of visiting Open Doors headquarters in the Netherlands, while visiting Dutch relatives of mine. They have met Brother Andrew. I was also surprised to discover recently that one of my Romanian/American friends is the grandson of one of the Christian contacts in Romania. The work of Open Doors continues in the countries that are still "closed", and I am currently reading Light Force, the story of the ongoing work of Open Doors in the Middle East.

I appreciated your words of encouragement, and I am glad to hear of your interest in the work of God around the world. I wish you the Lord's blessing as you continue to serve Him.