Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My Motto

I've always been jealous of people who have mottos. I could never decide on a single one. There are far too many brilliant quotes throughout history to narrow it down to one. This post was probably incorrectly titled, because I still don't think one simple statement can sum up my whole life philosophy, but this one comes pretty stinkin close.

Jonathan Burr, a settler in New England pursuing religious freedom in the early half of the 17th century was often quoted as saying "It is better to wear out with work, then to be eaten out with rust."

Now thats just good, and it describes me perfectly, no? It could almost be my motto, or something.

David Knepprath
"It is better to wear out with work, then to be eaten out with rust."

3 comments:

Mirranda said...

That is a brilliant motto - if you start having a motto.

"From here to the eyes and ears of the 'verse. That's my motto... or it might be, if I start having a motto."

(Your blog just reminded me of this line, so I added it to my comment. Enjoy!)

Dan Franklin said...

For some reason it made me laugh out loud that, at the end of the post, you put the motto after your name. Good stuff

Dan
"A man does not automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it."

David Knepprath said...

Mirranda, nice Serenity reference.

Dan, I love your motto, but I don't think you will ever be getting my respect.