Monday, August 28, 2006

Ivano-Frankivsk Pictures

*I'm having some formatting issues, and I am too tired to fix it right now.*

It has been awhile since I have posted Ukraine pictures. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from Ivano-Frankivsk, where I spent the better part of my time in Ukraine.

Classic building fronts in downtown Ivano-Frankivsk.










Ivano-Frankivsk's beautiful gold onion domed Cathedral.









Ivano-Frankivsk School of Medicine.












WWII Memorial (and stray dog). The memorial is to honor prisoners (some of whom were arrested for stealing bread to provide for their family, and in even more extreme cases, simply for preaching the Gospel) that were slaughtered at the hands of their own countries military when the Soviet Union was retreating western Ukraine from the Germans.





Lake near where I stayed in Ivano-Frankivsk.

















Apartments in Ivano-Frankivsk.




















Can you at least begin to understand why I would love to still be in Ukraine?

Please pray for Tiana Weaver. She is heading to Lithuania for 2 years and needs to have in the rest of her support by this Friday or else she will have to leave later, seperately from the rest of the team. Team unity is extremely important in this respect, but God's plan is so much greater then ours.

David Knepprath

1 comment:

Mirranda said...

Good pictures - I especially like the one of the apartments and the cathedral.