Monday, August 14, 2006

Final Pictures From Kiev

This will be my final of 3 sets (1st & 2nd) in my pictoral tour of Kiev. I hope you have enjoyed getting a glimpse (if you can even call it that) into Kiev Ukraine.


Ukraine Government Building. Of special note are the 2 men in the foreground wearing "manpri's".


Kiev Cityscape


Statue of Ukrainian Composer Nikolai Lysenko, but gosh do I miss those buildings (and that color that they paint EVERYTHING with)!




















"New Meets Old" (Or something like that)


St. Michaels as seen from St. Sophia's Belfry.


Unity Arch built in 1982 under the USSR to symbolize the unity between Russia and Ukraine. (Ukrainians think it is the biggest eyesore in Ukraine)


Prince Vladimir Sviatoslavich






















I know it must be severly depressing to hear this was the final set in my pictorial tour of Kiev. But, that doesn't mean I don't have more pictures that I plan on posting from Ukraine.

David Knepprath

3 comments:

Mirranda said...

I like the "new meets old" picture. And why are the "manpri's" of such special note? The building is prettier.

Robert Clifton said...

B-E-A-utiful

Melany said...

I am curious how long you were in Ukraine, and what exactly you were doing there. Nice photos, btw!