Friday, August 04, 2006

FACT: Toyota's Are a Household Appliance

"Toyota's are nothing more then a household appliance". This line has been repeated by many automotive journalists because of Toyota's bland styling and a lack of passion in the "driving experience". This was all based purely on opinion. But, until now, there hasn't been proof.

August 3rd will go down in history as the day that Toyota's ceased to pretend to be an automobile, and were revealed to be nothing more then a simple household appliance. See the following article that documents this landmark event.



How hot was it? Dashboard oven hot

Associated Press Updated: 4:36 p.m. PT Aug 3, 2006

BEDFORD, N.H. - Blistering heat was just what Sandi Fontaine needed to bake cookies for her co-workers — on the dash of her Toyota RAV4.

With temperatures soaring Wednesday, Fontaine placed two trays of cookie dough on the dashboard, shut the doors and retreated inside to her air-conditioned office.

"My husband wanted me to run some errands this morning," said Fontaine, who works at Baldwin and Clarke Corporate Finance. "I said, 'I can't. I'm baking cookies.'" ...





















Household Appliance


















A Very Expensive Household Appliance


David Knepprath

4 comments:

Robert Clifton said...

Oh come on dave... i know you love toyota... deep down.

David Knepprath said...

If I simply wanted a (somewhat)reliable household appliance, yes Rob, I would consider a Toyota.

Mirranda said...

Wow, that's pretty funny...

Anonymous said...

I heard about this on the radio! :)